Apply Now for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the FY 2021 Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) is now available.
The $72 million from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is intended to develop and implement coordinated community approaches to ending youth homelessness. Once selected, communities will work with their youth action boards, child welfare agencies, and other local partners to create a plan to end youth homelessness.
YHDP relies on recommendations and leadership from youth who have personally experienced homelessness. It has funded hundreds of projects in dozens of communities. This latest round of funding will be awarded to as many as 25 communities, at least eight of them rural.
YHDP aims to:
- Build national momentum.
- Promote equity in the delivery and outcomes of homeless assistance.
- Highlight the importance of youth leadership.
- Evaluate the coordinated community approach.
- Expand capacity.
- Evaluate performance measures.
- Establish a framework for Federal program and TA collaboration.
The last day to apply is June 28.
Want more news like this? Join our mailing list.