Strengthening the Plan
Opening Doors has helped drive significant national progress - but there is much more work ahead.
As we did in 2012 and 2015, we are currently gathering stakeholder input to revise and strengthen the federal strategic plan. You can review a summary of the goals, objectives, and strategies within the current plan in this Participation Guide.
- Building on what is working and leading to positive outcomes
- Reflecting on what we are learning from evolving practices
- Addressing areas in need of greater attention, including racial inequities and other disparities in the experience of and risk for homelessness
- Aligning strategies with emerging federal, state, and local priorities
Some ways you've already told us the plan needs to be strengthened:
- Putting people with lived experience more front and center
- Increasing focus on employment services and outcomes
- Doing more to translate solutions to rural and tribal communities
- Strengthening pathways to housing for people living in encampments
- Helping emergency shelters drive an end to homelessness using Housing First
- Strengthening housing as a platform for recovery for people affected by substance use
Do you have recommendations you’d like to share? Enter them below. Comment period ends January 15.
(1,000 word limit)