We respect your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our website. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
- When you send us e-mail, we won't keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of our staff and its contractors. We'll only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested. We won't share your e-mail address with anyone outside the organization.
Information we collect
When you visit our website we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- When you submit personal information using our web site—for example, if you sign up for a conference online—we have systems that make sure people outside of USICH cannot access your personal information.
- We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to federal guidelines.
- Tampering with USICH's web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Our website - including all online applications and work processes - must comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, making content accessible to people with disabilities. Section 508 requires that anyone with disabilities must be able to access and use information and data on a website, comparable to the way people without disabilities can get that information and data, unless it would cause our agency an undue burden.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) and have problems accessing information on our website, please contact us and tell us about your problem. Be sure to include the URL (web address) of the material you tried to access and your contact information. We will try to provide the information you are seeking.
Links to other websites
- We may include links to information on other websites. We provide these links solely to help you find additional information about a topic or next steps. Once you leave USICH’s website, you will be subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- We cannot control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- We do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- We cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials on linked websites. You will have to request authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- We cannot guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
- We cannot control or guarantee that the owners of other websites will protect your privacy. You should read their privacy policies when you visit other sites.
Because our website is in the public domain, you can reprint our materials without permission— though we would be grateful if you let us know what information you found useful.
If you have any questions, please contact the Web Manager.