Upcoming Webinar: Coronavirus and the Health Care for the Homeless Community
Coronavirus and the HCH Community: Status Updates, Available Guidance, Local Preparations, and Outstanding Issues
Presented by the National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Friday, March 20, 2020 | 12:30-2 p.m. ET
ACCESS THE WEBINAR
The coronavirus outbreak is evolving rapidly, raising many concerns about the impact on people experiencing homelessness. As health care providers who work at the intersection of health and the homeless services system, the Health Care for the Homeless community is in a unique position to care for an especially vulnerable population during an infectious disease outbreak.
At this 90-minute webinar you will hear from HUD and CDC staff as well as HCH clinical and administrative leaders who will discuss the current status of the outbreak, the available guidance that is specific to homeless service venues, the preparations that homeless health care providers are making, and the myriad outstanding issues being identified.
- Marlisa Grogan, Senior Program Specialist, Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Sapna Bamrah Morris, MD, MBA, FIDSA, CAPT, U.S. Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, GA
- Tom Andrews, President/CEO, Saint Joseph’s Health System, Atlanta, GA
- Jessie Gaeta, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Boston HCH Program, Boston, MA
- Moderator: Barbara DiPietro, Ph.D., Senior Director of Policy, National HCH Council, Baltimore, MD