Upcoming Events for Preventing and Ending Homelessness
This page is updated weekly. It curates virtual and in-person events, sorted by topic, from our council member agencies and other organizations involved in our mission to prevent and end homelessness. Events are hosted or sponsored by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), unless otherwise noted.
The current selection covers the following topics: COVID, disaster response, ESG-CV, EHV, HOME-ARP, outreach, law enforcement, and youth and family homelessness.
Email Communications Manager Caroline Cournoyer (email@example.com) with event suggestions.
- Biweekly Office Hours: COVID-19 Planning and Response for Homeless Assistance Providers (Fridays; Virtual)
- Disaster Response Planning for Homeless Service Providers (May 26; Webinar; SAMHSA Homeless and Housing Resource Center)
EHV (Emergency Housing Vouchers)
- Weekly Office Hours: Emergency Housing Vouchers (Tuesdays; Virtual)
CDBG-CV (Community Development Block Grants CARES Act)
2020 and 2021 CDBG-DR Notice Overview (May 25; Webinar)
- Learning Community: Trauma-Informed Outreach and Engagement (June 7; Webinar; SAMHSA Homeless and Housing Resource Center)
- Justice Briefing Live: Responding to Homelessness: Effective Strategies for Law Enforcement and Community Partners (May 24; Virtual; Department of Justice and Council of State Governments)
Youth and Family Homelessness
- Paving The Way to College for Students Experiencing Homelessness (May 31; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- Determining McKinney-Vento Eligibility (June 8; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- McKinney-Vento School Selection Rights (June 30; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- McKinney-Vento 101: Basic Requirements of the McKinney-Vento Act (July 14; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- Supporting the Education of Unaccompanied Students Experiencing Homelessness (July 27; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
Want more news like this? Join our mailing list.