Upcoming Events for Preventing and Ending Homelessness
This page is updated weekly. It curates virtual and in-person events, sorted by topic, from our council member agencies and other organizations involved in our mission to prevent and end homelessness. Events are hosted or sponsored by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), unless otherwise noted.
The current selection covers the following topics: COVID, EHV, HOME-ARP, affordable housing, youth homelessness, and child tax credits.
Email Communications Manager Caroline Cournoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with event suggestions.
- National Virtual Conference on Ending Homelessness (September 21-24; Virtual; National Alliance to End Homelessness)
- HMIS Lead and System Administrator Webinars (Third Wednesday of Every Month; Webinar)
- Biweekly Office Hours: COVID-19 Planning and Response for Homeless Assistance Providers (Fridays; Virtual)
Emergency Housing Vouchers
- Weekly Office Hours: Emergency Housing Vouchers (Tuesdays; Virtual)
- Notice CPD-21-10, Qualifying Populations, and Allocation Plan Requirements (September 27; Webinar)
- Preferences, Referral Methods, and Rental Housing Requirements (September 29; Webinar)
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance, Supportive Services, and Non-Congregate Shelter (October 4; Webinar)
- Program Administration and Nonprofit Operating Expenses (October 6; Webinar)
- 2021 NAHRO National Conference and Exhibition (October 7-9; Virtual and In-Person; National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials)
- McKinney-Vento 101: Basic Requirements of the McKinney-Vento Act (September 21; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- School Counselor Supports for College Preparation and Readiness for Students Experiencing Homelessness (September 28; Webinar; National Center for Homeless Education)
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth Conference (November 13-16; Virtual and In-Person)
Child Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit Navigator Training for CoC and ESG Grantees (September 24; Webinar)
Want more news like this? Join our mailing list.