Secretaries of HUD, VA Issue Joint Statement on Ending Veteran Homelessness
Today, HUD Secretary Marcia L. Fudge and VA Secretary Denis McDonough issued a joint statement affirming their commitment to ending Veteran homelessness once and for all, in partnership with several key agencies, including USICH.
The statement outlines a set of strategies the agencies will prioritize as part of this effort, including:
- Making ending Veteran homelessness a top priority;
- Leading with an evidence-based Housing First approach;
- Reaching underserved Veterans;
- Ensuring the delivery of quality supportive services; and
- Increasing the supply of and access to affordable housing
We look forward to joining with HUD, VA, and our many federal partners to ensure that homelessness among Veterans is rare, brief, and one-time.