Resource Roundup: Building Your System
We know, we know, we’ve put out a lot of resources over the years. Sometimes even we forget all the things we have to offer! So, as we walk through the Objectives within Home, Together over the next several months, we’re going to dig into our website and remind you of some of the tools we think will be helpful to your work.
This month, we’re talking about Objective 1.1, which incorporates the planning and system-building that we must do to build a solid foundation for efforts to end homelessness. (Make sure to listen to our podcast!) That work includes:
Building Momentum Behind a Common Vision
- Our criteria and benchmarks for ending Veteran homelessness, chronic homelessness, family homelessness and youth homelessness will help you focus on the components of your system and how to measure their effectiveness.
- Our Preventing and Ending Youth Homelessness: A Coordinated Community Response can help you understand the overall model for a strong system response.
- Our 10 Strategies to End Chronic Homelessness and 10 Strategies to End Veteran Homelessness provide actionable steps you can take to get the ball rolling.
- Family Connection can help you envision your system for ending family homelessness.
Understanding the Size and Scope of the Problem
- Homelessness in America will help you understand who is at risk of homelessness and who experiences homelessness among individuals, families with children, unaccompanied youth, Veterans and people experiencing chronic homelessness.
- Using Homelessness and Housing Needs Data to Tailor and Drive Local Solutions will help you understand the range of data that is available and how to use it to respond to different needs in your community.
- National Estimates of Homelessness Largely Unchanged in 2018 Point-in-Time Count Data provides some thoughts from our Executive Director on courses of action as our progress is hampered by affordable housing challenges across the country.
- Driving Progress in the Year Ahead: Our Top Priorities for 2019 explores our top priorities for the year.
- The Value of Lived Experience in the Work to End Homelessness and Beyond Mere Principle: Strategies for Truly Partnering with People who Have the Lived Experience in our Work can help you deepen your partnership with people with lived experience.
- The Evidence Behind Approaches that Drive an End to Homelessness can help support implementation of the most effective practices.
- Emerging Strategies for Addressing Racial Inequities in Our Efforts to End Homelessness can help you create a roadmap to more equitable outcomes.
- Strengthening Systems for Ending Rural Homelessness: Promising Practices and Considerations provides an initial set of strategies you can use to take advantage of your community’s unique strengths.
- Federal Programs that Can Help Communities End Youth Homelessness can help you understand the range of federal programs available to help implement a coordinated community response.
- Ending Homelessness: Our Progress, Essential Strategies, and the Work Ahead is an older publication that still captures our progress and opportunities.