Resource Roundup: A Sustainable End to Homelessness
Communities across the country are demonstrating that ending homelessness is not just a worthy ambition, but a measurable, achievable goal. In order to sustain those successes, communities will need to monitor outcomes and returns to homelessness, to ensure that adequate investments into the crisis response system and into permanent housing interventions are sustained to address future needs, and to continue to refine projections to address changing needs. These resources can help:
- Our criteria and benchmarks for ending Veteran homelessness, chronic homelessness, family homelessness and youth homelessness will help you focus on the components of your system and how to strengthen and measure their effectiveness.
- Sustaining an End to Veteran Homelessness: Strategies for Institutionalizing Your Progress will help you support sustained success as your community achieves the goal of ending Veteran homelessness and pursues an end to homelessness for other populations.
System Improvement Tools
- Stella P is a strategy and analysis tool from HUD that helps continuums of care understand how their system is performing in order to continually improve outcomes. In an upcoming release, Stella M will allow CoCs to model how resource investment decisions would affect performance goals.
- SSVF System Assessment and Improvement Toolkit, from the VA, contains templates and sample policies and procedures that may be helpful for program improvement.
- Rapid Re-Housing Performance Evaluation and Improvement Toolkit, from the National Alliance to End Homelessness, will help you evaluate and improve the effectiveness of rapid re-housing practice, both in individual programs and across a system. The toolkit is based on the Rapid Re-Housing Performance Benchmarks and Program Standards.
- Supportive Housing Quality Toolkit, from the Corporation for Supporting Housing, contains tools, templates, and project profiles designed for creating or improving supportive housing.
- Measuring Up: Youth-level Outcomes and Measures for System Responses to Youth Homelessness, from Chapin Hall and Youth Collaboratory, outlines a set of outcomes and measures associated with the core outcome areas in the Framework to End Youth Homelessness to help communities gather more consistent outcome data.