June 10 Webinar: How to Help People Experiencing Homelessness Get Economic Impact Payments
Since the coronavirus pandemic catalyzed the country into recession, the U.S. government has disbursed billions of dollars in economic relief to Americans. Unfortunately, the people who need Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) the most often have the hardest time accessing them. Many people experiencing homelessness lack a permanent address and/or bank account, making it difficult for the government to send their payments.
Fortunately, it’s not too late to help people experiencing homelessness claim their payments. They can still get a “Recovery Rebate Credit,” and the IRS will walk you through the process.
During this 90-minute webinar, you'll learn:
- how to help people experiencing homelessness access their Economic Impact Payments;
- how to become a “trusted IRS partner” to receive rebate checks on behalf of people experiencing homelessness;
- how to navigate the FreeFile program to help clients file a 2020 Tax Return; and
- how to access the most up-to-date information regarding Economic Impact Payments.
IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig will provide the opening remarks.
Who should attend this webinar? Anyone who wants to help people experiencing homelessness, including:
- housing and service providers;
- Continuum of Care agencies;
- outreach workers;
- health care providers;
- tax professionals; and
- members of the media and public.
When is the webinar?
Thursday, June 10, from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. ET